1. What is 90 degrees in terms of pi?
2. Which pair of terms are like terms?
A. 3z & 2x
B. 2x & 2x^2
C. 2 & 3x
D. 2x & 6x
Answer: D 2x & 6x
3. If two equations with two variables are to be solved together, what are they called?
A. Linear Equations
B. Differential Equations
C. Simultaneous Equations
D. Parametric Equations
Answer: C Simultaneous Equations
4. If f(x) = 3^x, what is f(-2)?
Answer: D 9-Jan
5. What numbers are added when like variable terms are combined?
C. Integers Only
D. Numerical Coefficients
Answer: D Numerical Coefficients
6. If we have two unknowns, how many equations do we need to solve for both of them?
Answer: B 2
7. To evaluate (3^2)(3^7), what do you do to the exponents?
Answer: B Add
8. What is 6x – 2 + 3x simplified?
A. 9x – 2
D. 3x – 2
Answer: A 9x – 2
9. What do we call the combination of the rational and irrational numbers?
A. Whole Numbers
B. Natural Numbers
C. Real Numbers
Answer: C Real Numbers
10. Which number is both prime and odd?
Answer: A 7
11. When working with a function such as f(x) = x, what are all the possible values of f(x) called?
A. Real Numbers
C. Extended Numbers
Answer: B Range
12. To evaluate (x^9)/(x^3), what do you do to the exponents?
Answer: B Subtract
13. What do we call a System of Equations that doesn’t have a solution?
Answer: C Inconsistent
14. What is the base in the binary numeration system?
Answer: A 2
15. What is the additive identity?
Answer: B 0
- Which prime number occurs after 31?
Answers: Thirty-seven (37)
- What is the cube root of 216?
Answers: Six (6)
- If a triangle has one angle of 60 degrees, a second angle of 90 degrees, how many degrees would the third angle measure?
Answers: 30 degrees
- In trigonometry, sin, cos and tan are short for which words?
Answers: Sine, cosine and tangent
- When added together, what do the visible numbers on a standard dartboard total?
Answers: Two hundred and ten (210)
- What is the name of the longest side of a right angle triangle, opposite the right angle?
Answers: The hypotenuse
- What is an integer number?
Answers: A whole number
- What are rational numbers?
Answers: Numbers that can be written as fractions or integers
- How many zeros are there in one billion?
Answers: Nine (9: UK and US)
- How many feet are there in a yard?
Answers: Three (3)
- How many square feet are there in an acre?
Answers: 43,560 square feet
- How many prime numbers occur from 11 to 19?
Answers: Four – 11, 13, 17, 19
- What is one sixth of 6300?
- What is an obtuse angle?
Answers: An angle measuring 90 to 180 degrees
- How many sides does a quadrilateral have?
PART – 3
- What is the term given to the perimeter around a circle?
Answer: The circumference
- What is the name of the manual calculating device which consists of beads?
- What is an isosceles triangle?
Answer: A triangle with at least two sides equal in length
- How many sides does a decagon have?
Answer: Ten (10)
- What is 70.3 divided by 10?
- What is two thirds of 270?
Answer: One hundred and eighty (180)
7.What is the square root of 81?
Answer: Nine (9)
- How many degrees are there in a right angle?
Answer: Ninety degrees (90)
- What is the smallest prime number?
Answer: Two (2)
- What is 0.88 as a percentage?
Answer: Eighty-eight percent (88%)
- What is a scalene triangle?
Answer: It’s a triangle that has no equal sides or angles
- What is three fifths of 50?
Answer: Thirty (30)
- What is the meaning of Pi in Math?
Answer: It’s the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter
- How many straight edges does a cube have?
Answer: Twelve (12)
- What is the square root of 100?
Answer: Ten (10)